Saturday, July 20, 2013

Road Trip

Sorry for not posting, I just havent done much recently that I need to show you guys.  No new pictures or Models or anything.
My tablet has been acting weird, really slowly and I cant draw with that so now pictures like I said,
And I just dont really feel like working on the Pinkie Pie MMD Models.
The Twilight Sparkle models are done though, so that's nice.  I just need to actually get pictures of them and upload them.  I dont know when I'll do that though.  I wanted to release them all at the same time, but that seems kinda stupid to have them just sitting there in my folder.  So, I think I will release the Twilight Sparkle models when I find a 4 person Dance Motion that I like, because then I can give an accompanying video on YouTube.

Alright, other news :
I have actually learned how to make an oto.ini myself! I will not be doing Chiyone Maiko's, since Miramiee is already doing that, but I will be doing LS#1's Utau, who doesnt have a name yet(nor design), but she does have the voice fully recorded.  We just plowed right through it one night, where as it took weeks to record Maiko's.  I guess I'm just slower by myself.

Recently I have been in a huge Legend of Zelda mood.  I have been watching a lot of let's plays of some of the games, and it's been several days of watching them actually.  I have gotten a lot of progress on a scarf I was knitting.  It's not done yet;  I stopped because I wanted to knit something Zelda-themed.  So I have been making several goes at knitting some Triforce Fingerless Gloves.

Try #1 :
I cast on a lot of stitchs, around enough to fit my wrist.  Did some ribbing for a few rows and then stockinette stitch.  Did the Triangles and they turned out good.  The biggest problem was that I did not have a pattern, so my thumbhole sucked and the triforce wasnt in the middle of the back of the hand like I intended.  Try#1 = Fail

Try #2 :
This time I actually looked for a pattern.  Found a pretty good one, so I cast on!  Unfortunately, I noticed a few minutes late that "Whoops!" this pattern is in the round! Which means that me and my 2 needles wont work.  So I searched around for a pair of round needles, but no luck.  So I settled for some double pointed.  Well, see, this is my first time knitting in a round, so I did a bit of practice but got the hang of it really quick.  The rows went by fast, and suddenly I'm already putting in the triforce pattern, but earlier, I had noticed that it was getting very big, so I simply stopped the increases the pattern called for.  Now we are about current.  The whole thing is still way too big.  I probably will end up with a Try#3 later, but making it proportionally smaller all around.  Try#2 = Will probably fail


Next up on the block, we are planning a vacation in a little more then a week.  We are going to be going up to kentucky, then over to the beach, then Atlanta, and then home, perhaps with a few other places I forgot.  We've been planning this trip for awhile, so it's kinda weird to have it so close(And actually out of the planning stage).

And now for the final piece of news, I am going to be starting work on a big project.  I wont tell you now what it is, but there will be updates on that occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment