Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Start up

I dont really know what to say here on the first post, so Im just going to describe a little bit about myself . . .

I'm a 15 year old artist with a bunch of hobbies.  I sew, knit, crochet, draw, and make MMD Models.
I am homeschooled, and hope to be a Manga Artist someday.  I am interested in UTAU and Vocaloid, And am working on recording my own UTAU, Melodia Sorane(More on her later).  I might post a few songs I cover with them, but I have no talent for writing songs, sadly.  I also am working on making a Fantasy/Adventure Manga with my best friend.  We really just started on it, and have a basic Idea of the first bits, but dont know where it will go from there.  We are trying to figure out who gets to draw it, since we are both artists and have very different art styles.
I also have made attempts to write in the past, and probably will in the future.  So in addition to pictures, music, and notices about the manga, you are also going to get my horrid attempts at writing a story.  But, Practice, Practice, Practice, So it may get better over time, or maybe it isnt actually that bad now and I just need to actually do it.
I also like video games and D&D.  The manga is loosely based around D&D in that I'm taking cues from the rulebooks for some things, like specifics on lichs(that all the sneak peeks your getting out of me!).

So I've covered a lot of things I like, so lets try to get some things I dont like on this post.
Hmmm . . . Weather.  I like sunny and rainy days, sure.  I just hate the cold(snow is the only redeeming factor of winter, and we dont get any) and I hate the heat.  I live in MS, where its not snow weather in winter, and can get to over 100 degrees in summer.  I like living here anyway though, even if the weather only meets my standards of nice a few weeks in spring and a few weeks in fall.  I generally do not like going outside if it is either of the 2 extremes, and that was a long and tedious rant about winter and summer for no reason.

To draw, I use a wacom bamboo capture tablet, and Paint Tool SAI.  My pictures look ok, in my opinion, I know there are worse, but I absolutely hate my shading.  It looks better with the shading, definately.  But I can never get it to look just right.  If I blur it to little it looks thick and unrealistic in every way.  If I blur it too much the shading either melts or makes it look like some sort of cylinder tube thing that resembles a head.  My attempts at doing hair in new ways always flop, so it ends up being solid and looking the same as every other thing in the picture, with a lighter patch of shiny, while I've attempted so many different ways of doing eyes that I cant remember any good ones.
I currently have several pictures in the works at the moment, Mostly of other people's characters so that I have something to put with a song on youtube.  I draw MLP FiM characters very well, I love the art style there and have come up with a style my own based off of it.

My UTAUloid, Melodia Sorane(last name may be subject to change), has curly silver white hair in a low ponytail, and blue eyes.  She wears a blue tank top, with a pouffy sleeved white jacket.  She has white pants with a cut from the knee down, showing an under legging of transparent light blue material.  She also wears headphones with wings attached to them, and has a belt.  On the belt there is a charm hanging off of a sky blue heart with a silver out line around it.  I only just started recording her voice, so it will be awhile before she is released, but she will definately sound good when she is.  Her voice will be kinda meduim high, but thats by my terms of what the voice sounds like, and so you may have no idea what I mean.

I make Models for MMD(MikuMikuDance).  Well, It's more I edit models, adding parts that other people made to a base body that someone else made.  I once attempted to make my own fully mine, but have since goven up for now.  I might try again later, but I have no idea when that might be.  I am a really good(if I do say so myself) Model Editor, and actually have people wanting me to make models!  I have a list of models that I am working on or am going to work on,  Right now it's mostly Humanized Pony Models(So far I have Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Bonbon, and Lyra.  Next up is Derpy) and Models to Utau that I use often that dont have any models already out there.

Here are some pictures that I've drawn in the past :
This one is a MLP Version of Melodia.  Her Cutie mark is apparently obvious only to me, but hey, whatever.  It's a music note with the bottom turned into a half heart and the top turned into wings, then the whole thing is mirrored, and has a sparkle on top.
I really like drawing pegasus.  I dont know why, since I hate shading the feathers.

I drew this right after watching Wreck it Ralph.  Im not sure if you can tell that those colored sticks in the background are supposed to be sprinkles though.  I know they are, but Im the one who drew it.
 So, Here's my favorite Magical Ballerina, Princess Tutu! Someday, I want to cosplay as the villain Princess Kraehe, or maybe just as Rue.  But, that is in the future, and for now, I will simply admire how much I like her transparent pink under tutu.  Her costume just looks so soft!
 Now for this one, My best friend(The one Im doing the manga with.) had been drawing really awesome mermaid pictures and I kinda wanted to do one.  She drew hers based on types of fish, like a Koi Mermaid, a type of Shark Mermaid, and so on, and I wanted to do something different, so I drew Yin-Yang Mermaids.  This picture actually gives a good example of how awful my shading it, if you can spot it.  Im not going to ruin the picture for you though if you can't spot the big glare on the dark mermaid.  I am really proud of the hands here, though.  I am awful at hands, just like everybody else.

I am going to end this before I get started on writing more,  If I think of anything else, It'll be in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment